Wednesday, September 9, 2009

From Reuter's-Chase Corporation Acquires C.I.M. Industries, Inc.

From Reuter's Online Comes this Press Release about C.I.M. Industries, an industrial coatings manufacturer

Chase Corporation Acquires C.I.M. Industries, Inc.
Tue Sep 8, 2009 8:15am EDT

Email | Print |
Share
| Reprints | Single Page
[-] Text [+]
Featured Broker sponsored link

BRIDGEWATER, Mass.--(Business Wire)--
Chase Corporation (NYSE Amex: CCF) announced that it has acquired 100% of the
capital stock of C.I.M. Industries, Inc. ("C.I.M.") www.cimindustries.com, a
private company whose high performance coatings and membranes have been "keeping
liquids where they belong" for over 30 years. C.I.M. had revenues of $9.2
million in their most recently completed year ended December 31, 2008. The
purchase was funded through a combination of cash, bank financing and a note
payable to C.I.M. shareholders.

C.I.M. manufactures fluid applied liners and coatings for applications that
include; potable water, wastewater systems, chemical containment, waterproofing
decks and pavements, water features, and cooling towers. The C.I.M. line of
unique low - VOC polyurethanes offers unmatched performance in chemical
resistance and durability all while enabling extreme flexibility to provide a
resilient, elastomeric, immersion coating that is essential to protect new and
aging infrastructure.

With a primary focus on the water and wastewater industry, C.I.M. has the
preferred products that complement Chase Corporation`s product line of high
performance tapes and coatings. "C.I.M. is consistent with our growth strategy
of expanding our products and services to high reliability coatings
applications. Potable water and wastewater systems are critical to preserve a
vital resource that will continue to command investment well into the future,"
stated Peter R. Chase, CEO of Chase Corporation. Peter Chase added, "We expect
to add value to C.I.M. by leveraging our presence in key markets around the
world."

Chase Corporation www.chasecorp.com , founded in 1946, is a publicly traded
company (NYSE Amex: CCF) and a Global Manufacturer of Tapes, Laminates,
Sealants, and Coatings for high reliability applications.



Chase Corporation
Paula Myers, 508-279-1789 ext. 219
Shareholder & Investor Relations
E-mail: investorrelations@chasecorp.com

Copyright Business Wire 2009

No comments: