Thursday, December 10, 2009
University of Wisconisin-Madison Offers Below Grade and Plaza Deck Waterproofing and Moisture Control Course In March 2010
If your a sadist and want to experience mind numbing cold, head to Wisconsin on March 3rd to attend the University's 2 day course on waterproofing.
See the curriculum below
Below-Grade and Plaza Deck Waterproofing and Moisture Control
March 3-4, 2010
Pyle Center*, 702 Langdon Street, Madison, Wisconsin
Course Fee: $995 Discounts Are Available Enroll Now
At this practical course you will
* Learn immediately applicable waterproofing and moisture control techniques
* Study materials and systems for effective dampproofing and waterproofing
* Consider important soils information in waterproofing
* Hear about approaches for both new construction and existing projects
* Gain insights from nationally recognized experts
* Get answers to your specific below grade and on grade water entry and moisture problems
* What You Need to Know About Soils to Effectively Waterproof Below-Grade Construction
* Understanding Water/Moisture and Air Movement in Buildings–Below-Grade Construction
* Principles of Dampproofing and Waterproofing for Residential, Commercial and Institutional Facilities
* Key Considerations in Selecting Waterproofing and Moisture Control Systems for Below-Grade Residential, Commercial and Institutional Projects
* How to Install Waterproofing and Moisture Control Systems: Techniques in the Field for Below-Grade Walls and On-Ground Construction
* Waterproofing Decks
* Latest Developments in Green Roof Technology – Reasons for Use and Performance Issues
* Water Cut-off Methods and Soil Stabilization Techniques Using Chemical Materials
* Waterproofing and Dampproofing Maintenance, Repair, and Restoration Techniques – Ensuring Continuity of Waterproofing Effectiveness
Earn PDH, LU, CEU
By participating in this course, you will earn 12 Professional Development Hours (PDH), 12 AIA Learning Units (LU) and 1.2 Continuing Education Units (CEU). Learn more about PDH, LU, CEU and state licensing boards.
Fee Covers Notebook and other course materials, break refreshments, lunches and certificate.
Cancellation Policy No-Penalty Cancellation To cancel your enrollment, you must notify us promptly. Please consider re-enrolling in a future course. You may enroll a substitute at any time before the course starts.
Accommodations We have reserved a block of sleeping rooms ($112/single; $127/double, including parking and Madison Taxi's silver cab from the airport) for course participants at the Campus Inn, 601 Langdon Street, Madison, WI. To reserve a room, call 800-589-6285 or 608-257-4391 and indicate that you will be attending this course under group code 95867. Room requests made later than February 6 will be subject to availability.
We have reserved a second block of sleeping rooms ($106/single; $116/double, including airport shuttle, pool and exercise room) for course participants at the Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club, One West Dayton Street, Madison, WI. To reserve a room, call 800-356-8293 or 608-257-6000 and indicate that you will be attending this course under group code 65705. Room requests made later than February 9 will be subject to availability.
Course Location This course will be held at Pyle Center, 702 Langdon Street, Madison, WI. 608-262-1122
Course Discount Receive $100 off each enrollment fee for you and co-worker when you enroll together. You can also receive an additional $200 discount if you enroll in more than one course (Total discount for team members $400). See enrollment form for details.
More Lodging in Madison
Parking Transportation Weather
Course information is subject to change.